More Research Articles – Comprehensive Neurofeedback Bibliography, by D. Corydon Hammond, PhD
- A Review of EEG Biofeedback Treatment of Anxiety Disorders [abs.] by Moore NC
- Anxiety Change Through Electroencephalographic Alpha Feedback Seen Only in High Anxiety Subjects [abs.] by Hardt JV and Kamiya J
- Biofeedback Treatments of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Preliminary Results [abs.] by Rice KM, Blanchard EB, Purcell M
- Case Study: Anxiety and Panic Attacks by The Biocybernaut Institute
- Evaluating the Efficacy of a Biofeedback Intervention to Reduce Children’s Anxiety [abs.] by Wenck LS, Leu PW, D’Amato RC
- Neurofeedback with Anxiety and Affective Disorders by Hammond DC Ph.D. ABEN/ECNS
- Treatment of Chronic Anxiety Disorder with Neurotherapy: A Case Study by Thomas JE Ph.D. and Sattlberger E B.A.
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder – ADHD
- A Comparison of EEG Biofeedback and Psychostimulants in Treating Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders by Rossiter TR and La Vaque TJ
- A Controlled Study of the Effects of EEG biofeedback on Cognition and Behavior of Children with Attention Deficit Disorder and Learning Disabilities [abs.] by Linden M, Habib T, Radojevic V
- AAP Evidenced-Based Child & Adolescent Psychosocial Interventions – Biofeedback is a Level 1 intervention for ADHD
- ADHD and Stuttering: Similar EEG Profiles Suggest Neurotherapy as an Adjunct to Traditional Speech Therapies [abs.] by Ratcliff-Baird B Ph.D.
- Annotation: Neurofeedback – Train Your Brain to Train Behaviour [abs.] by Heinrich H, Gevensleben H, Strehl U
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity, Disorder: Neurological Basis and Treatment Alternatives by Barabasz A and Barabasz M
- Biofeedback Produced Slow Brain Potentials and Task Performance [abs.] by Lutzenberger W, Elbert T, Rockstroh B, Birbaumer N
- Clinical Use of SMR-Beta Training on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Adult Attention Deficit Disorder: A Case Study [pdf] by Putman JA
- Controlled Evaluation of a Neurofeedback Training of Slow Cortical Potentials in Children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) [abs.] by Drechsler R, Straub M, Doehnert M, Heinrich H, Steinhausen H, Brandeis D
- Damaging Effects of Drugs and/or Alcohol Intrautero Exposure on Brain Activity and Behavior May be Reversed by EEG Biofeedback by Ibric VL, Robson GR, Othmer SF
- Do Quantitative EEG Measures Differentiate Hyperactivity in Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder? by Stewart GA,Steffler DJ, Lemoine DE, Leps JD
- EEG and Behavioral Changes in a Hyperkinetic Child Concurrent with Training of the Sensorimotor Rhythm (SMR): A Preliminary Report [abs.] by Lubar JF and Shouse MN
- EEG Biofeedback for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder [pdf] by Othmer S Ph.D. and Othmer SF B.A.
- EEG Biofeedback for the Enhancement of Attentional Processing in Normal College Students by Rasey HW B.A., Lubar JF Ph.D., McIntyre A Ph.D., Zoffuto AC B.S., Abbott PL B.A.
- EEG Biofeedback in the Schools: The Use of EEG Biofeedback to Treat ADHD in a School Setting by Boyd WD and Campbell SE
- EEG Biofeedback in the Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder [abs.] by Friel PN. Alternative Medicine Review, Volume 12, #2, June, 2007, pp146-151
- EEG Biofeedback Training and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder In an Elementary School Setting by Carmody DP Ph.D., Radvanski DC B.S., Wadhwani S B.S., Sabo MJ Ph.D., Vergara L M.S.
- EEG Biofeedback: A New Treatment Option For ADD/ADHD by Alhambra MA M.D., Fowler TP, Alhambra AA M.D.
- EEG neurofeedback treatments in children with ADHD: An update meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials – Micoulaud-Franchi, J-A., Geoffroy, P. A., Fond, G., Lopez, R., Bioulac, S., Philip, P. (2014).
- Effect of Neurofeedback on Variables of Attention in a Large Multi-Center Trial by Kaiser DA Ph.D. and Othmer S Ph.D.
- Efficacy of Neurofeedback on Adults with Attentional Deficit and Related Disorders [pdf] by Kaiser DA
- Efficacy of Neurofeedback Treatment in ADHD: the Effects on Inattention, Impulsivity and Hyperactivity: a Meta-Analysis [pdf]
by Arns M, de Ridder S, Strehl U, Breteler M and Coenen A. Journal of Clinical EEG & Neuroscience, July, 2009
- Electroencephalographic Biofeedback (Neurotherapy) as a Treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Rationale and Empirical Foundation [abs.] by Monastra VJ
- Electroencephalographic Biofeedback in the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder [abs.] by Monastra VJ, Lynn S, Linden M, Lubar JF, Gruzelier J, LaVaque TJ
- Electroencephalographic Biofeedback of SMR and Beta for Treatment of Attention Deficit Disorders in a Clinical Setting [abs.] by Lubar JO and Lubar JF
- Ending Reimbursement Bias for ADHD – Research article by Pigott et al.
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of EEG Neurofeedback Training for ADHD in a Clinical Setting as Measured by Changes in T.O.V.A. Scores, Behavioral Ratings, and WISC-R Performance [abs.] by Lubar JF, Swartwood MO, Swartwood JN, O’Donnell PH
- Event Related Potentials During Attention Tasks in VLBW Children with and without Attention Deficit Disorder [abs.] by Potgieter S, Vervisch J, Lagae L
- Event Related Potentials of Subgroups of Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and the Implications for EEG Biofeedback by Linden M Ph.D., Gevirtz R Ph.D., Isenhart R, Fisher T
- Human Prefrontal and Sensory Cortical Activity During Divided Attention Tasks [abs.] by Loose R, Kaufmann C, Auer DP, Lange KW
- Improved Neuronal Regulation in ADHD: An Application of Fifteen Sessions of Photic-Driven EEG Neurotherapy by Patrick GJ R.N. Ph.D.
- Infra-Low Frequency Neurofeedback in Application to ADHD [pdf]
by Roxana Sasu, MD and Siegfried Othmer, Ph.D. This manuscript is an augmented version of a chapter in Restoring the Brain, Second Edition (Taylor and Francis)
- In-school neurofeedback training for ADHD: Sustained improvements from a randomized control trial – Steiner, N. J., Frenette, E. C., Rene K. M., Brennan, R. T., & Perrin, E. C. (2014).
- Is Neurofeedback an Efficacious Treatment for ADHD? A Randomised Controlled Clinical Trial [abs.] by Gevensleben H, Holl B, Albrecht B, Vogel C, Schlamp D, Kratz O, Studer P, Rothenberger A, Moll GH, Heinrich H
- Neocortical Dynamics: Implications for Understanding the Role of Neurofeedback and Related Techniques for the Enhancement of Attention [pdf] by Lubar JF Ph.D.
- Neurofeedback as a Reimbursable Treatment for ADHD – Research article by Pigott et al.
- Neurofeedback as a Treatment for ADHD: A Methodological Review with Implications for Future Research [abs.] by Vernon D Ph.D., Frick A MSc, Gruzelier J Ph.D.
- Neurofeedback Combined with Training in Metacognitive Strategies: Effectiveness in Students with ADD [abs.] by Thompson L and Thompson M
- Neurofeedback for AD/HD: A Ratio Feedback Case Study and Tutorial by Rossiter T Ph.D.
- Neurofeedback for Children with ADHD: A Comparison of SCP with Theta/Beta Protocols [abs.] by Leins U, Goth G, Hinterberger T, Klinger C, Rumpf N, Strehl U
- Neurofeedback Therapy of Attention Deficits In Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury by Keller I Ph.D.
- Neurofeedback Treatment for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children: A Comparison with Methylphenidate [abs.] by Fuchs T, Birbaumer N, Lutzenberger W, Gruzelier J. H., & Kaiser J
- Neurotherapy and Drug Therapy in Combination for Adult ADHD, Personality Disorder and Seizure Disorder: A Case Report by Hansen LM B.S., Trudeau DL M.D., Grace DL Ph.D.
- Operant Conditioning of EEG Rhythms and Ritalin in the Treatment of Hyperkinesis [abs.] by Shouse MN and Lubar JF
- Operant Conditioning of Left-Hemispheric Slow Cortical Potentials and Its Effect on Word Processing [abs.] by Pulvermöller F, Mohr B, Schleichert H, Veit R
- Place of EEG Biofeedback for ADHD [pdf] by Hirshberg LM. Expert Review Neurotherapeutics, 7(4), 315-319
- Review of the Literature Regarding the Efficacy of Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder [abs.] by Lingenfelter JE
- The Effect of Interhemispheric EEG training using Sequential Protocols on ADD [abs.] by Putman JA
- The Effectiveness of Neurofeedback and Stimulant Drugs in Treating AD/HD: Part I. Review of Methodological Issues [abs.] by Rossiter T.R.
- The Effectiveness of Neurofeedback and Stimulant Drugs in Treating AD/HD: Part II. Replication [abs.] by Rossiter T.R.
- The Effects of Stimulant Therapy, EEG Biofeedback, and Parenting Style on the Primary Symptoms of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder [abs.] by Monastra VJ, Monastra DM, George S
- The Electroencephalogram in Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder: Emphasis on Epileptiform Discharges [abs.] by Hughes JR, DeLeo AJ, Melyn MA
- TOVA Results Following Inter-Hemispheric Bipolar EEG Training [abs.] by J.A.Putman; S.F.Othmer; S.Othmer; V.E.Pollock
- Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder with Neurotherapy [abs.] by Nash JK
- Update on Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder [abs.] by Campbell Daley K
- Volumetric Asymmetries in Late-Onset Mood Disorders: An Attenuation of Frontal Asymmetry with Depression Severity [abs.] by Kumar A, Bilker W, Lavretsky H, Gottlieb G
- Facilitating Neurofeedback in Children with Autism and Intellectual Impairments Using TAGteach by LaMarca K, Gevirtz R, Lincoln AJ, Pineda JA
- Infra-Low Frequency Neurofeedback for Early Development and Childhood Emotional and Behavioral Disorders [pdf]
by Roxana Sasu, MD. This monograph is an augmented version of a chapter appearing in Restoring the Brain, Second Edition (Taylor and Francis)
- Neurofeedback for the Autism Spectrum [pdf] by Siegfried and Susan F. Othmer
- School-Based Neurofeedback for Autistic Spectrum Disorder [pdf] by Darling M.
- Assessment-Guided Neurofeedback for Autistic Spectrum Disorder [pdf] by Coben R Ph.D. and Padolsky I Ph.D.
- EEG Power and Coherence in Autistic Spectrum Disorder [abs.] by Coben R, Clarke AR, Hudspeth W, Barry RJ
- Positive Outcome With Neurofeedback Treatment In a Case of Mild Autism by Sichel AG, Fehmi LG, Goldstein DM
- Efficacy of Neurofeedback for Children in the Autistic Spectrum: A Pilot Study by Jarusiewicz B Ph.D.
- Autism: Case Study [pdf] by Cowan J Ph.D.
- Autism/Asperger’s/Obnoxious Child, 3 Case Histories: How We Get Positive Results with Complex ADD Clients by Thompson L Ph.D. and Thompson M M.D.
- Operant (biofeedback) Control of Left-Right Frontal Alpha Power Differences: Potential Neurotherapy for Affective Disorders [abs.] by Rosenfeld JP, Cha G, Blair T, Gotlib IH
- Neurofeedback Treatment of Depression with the Roshi by Hammond CD, Ph.D.
- Neurofeedback in Major Depression Associated to Addictions – A Case Study by Ibric VL, M.D., PhD.
- Preliminary Evidence That Daily Changes in Frontal Alpha Asymmetry Correlate with Changes in Affect in Therapy Sessions [abs.] by Rosenfeld JP, Baehr E, Baehr R, Gotlib IH, Ranganath C
- Alpha-Theta Brainwave Neurofeedback Training: An Effective Treatment for Male and Female Alcoholics with Depressive Symptoms [abs.] by Saxby E and Peniston EG
- Self-regulation of Slow Cortical Potentials in Psychiatric Patients: Schizophrenia [abs.] by Schneider F, Rockstroh B, Heimann H, Lutzenberger W, Mattes R, Elbert T, Birbaumer N, Bartels M
- Clinical Use of an Alpha Asymmetry Neurofeedback Protocol in the Treatment of Mood Disorders: Follow-Up Study One to Five Years Post-Therapy by Baehr E Ph.D., Rosenfeld JP Ph.D., Baehr R Ph.D.
- Frontal Interhemispheric Asymmetry: Self Regulation and Individual Differences in Humans [abs.] by Hardman E, Gruzelier J, Cheesman K, Jones C, Liddiard D, Schleichert H, Birbaumer N
- Treatment of a Depressive Disorder Patient with EEG-driven Photic Stimulation [abs.]
by Kumano H, Horie H, Shidara T, Kuboki T, Suematsu H, Yasushi M
PTSD – Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- A Randomized Controlled Study of Neurofeedback for Chronic PTSD – Van der Kolk, B. A., Hodgdon, H., Gapen, M., Musicaro, R., Suvak, M. K., Hamlin, E., & Spinazzola, J. (2016).
- A review of neurofeedback treatment for pediatric ADHD. Lofthouse N, Arnold LE, Hersch S, Hurt E, and DeBeus R. Journal of Attention Disorders, 16, 2012, pp 351-72
- Clinical Use of SMR-Beta Testing on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, A Case Study – J. A. Putman
- Current status of neurofeedback for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Lofthouse N, Arnold LE, and Hurt E. Current Psychiatry Reports, 14, 2012, pp 536-42
- Evidence-based information on the clinical use of neurofeedback for ADHD. Moriyama TS, Polanczyk G, Caye A, Banaschewski T, Brandeis D, and Rohde LA. Neurotherapeutics, 9, 2012, pp 588-98
- Improving Visual Perception through Neurofeedback. Scharnowski F, Hutton C, Josephs O, Weiskopf N, and Rees G. Journal of Neuroscience, 32, 2012, pp 17830-41
- Individual alpha neurofeedback training effect on short term memory. Nan W, Rodrigues JP, Ma J, Qu X, Wan F, Mak PI, Mak PU, Vai MI, and Rosa A. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 86, 2012, pp 83-7
- Mind over chatter: Plastic up-regulation of the fMRI salience network directly after EEG neurofeedback. Ros T, Théberge J, Frewen PA, Kluetsch R, Densmore M, Calhoun VD, and Lanius RA. NeuroImage, 65, 2013, pp 324-35
- Neurofeedback in children with ADHD: validation and challenges. Gevensleben H, Rothenberger A, Moll GH, and Heinrich H
Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 12, 2012, pp 447-60
- Neurotherapy of traumatic brain injury/posttraumatic stress symptoms in OEF/OIF veterans. Nelson DV, and Esty ML. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 24, 2012, pp 237-40
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – The Neurofeedback Remedy – Siegfried & Susan Othmer
- Schizophrenia and the efficacy of qEEG-guided neurofeedback treatment: a clinical case series. Surmeli T, Ertem A, Eralp E, and Kos IH. Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, 43, 2012, pp 133-44
- Self-regulation of brain oscillations as a treatment for aberrant brain connections in children with autism. Pineda JA, Juavinett A, and Datko M. Medical Hypotheses, 79, 2012, pp 790-8
- Taking back the brain: could neurofeedback training be effective for relieving distressing auditory verbal hallucinations in patients with schizophrenia? McCarthy-Jones S. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 38, 2012, pp 678-82
- The effectiveness of neurofeedback training on EEG coherence and neuropsychological functions in children with reading disability.
Nazari MA, Mosanezhad E, Hashemi T, and Jahan A. Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, 43, 2012, pp 315-22
- Which attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder children will be improved through neurofeedback therapy? Ahmadlou M, Rostami R, and Sadeghi V. Neuroscience Letters, 516, 2012, pp 156-60
Insurance Appeal Letters via ISNR’s Tool Kit – Appeal an unwanted decision by your insurance carrier
- EEGInfo – Education and Research Resources
- EEGInfo Research – Recent neurofeedback applications and research
- ISNR.org Neurofeedback Research – International Society for Neurofeedback Research
- Lumosity – Brain Games
- Facebook Page – SDCNF
- SD Psychological Services – Lakeside, CA
- Hilber Psychological Services – San Diego, CA