What is San Diego Gives?
San Diego Gives is a year-round program that promotes nonprofit sustainability and donor education. In 2023, efforts culminate in an online, region-wide Day of Giving September 7, followed by a Day of Volunteer Service on September 8. More than 300 nonprofits are participating. Be sure to save these dates!
Now in its third year, the program shines a light on local, pressing needs and the impactful responses of our nonprofit community via robust communications, an interactive website, volunteer opportunities, and an online crowdfunding campaign. All funds raised remain in San Diego to bolster our region. Last year, $1,008,674 was raised for 327 nonprofits and thousands of donors were engaged, with many making first-time gifts.
How do Non-Profits participate in San Diego Gives?
A nonprofit must meet the following criteria in order to participate:
- Be a 501(c)(3) public charity, recognized by the IRS as a qualified recipient of tax-deductible 6 gives or have a fiscal sponsor that meets these requirements.
- Funds raised much remain in San Diego County.
- Demonstrate high quality leadership, fiscal and program management, and demand for services.
How do Non-Profits Benefit from San Diego Gives?
San Diego Gives benefits participating nonprofits by:
- Providing funding and volunteer support.
- Obtaining media attention from local news outlets and podcasts covering the campaign. • Attracting new donors and volunteers in cost-effective ways.
- Offering ways to meet, learn, and share knowledge with other organizations.
- Providing individual mentoring and 35+ experiential personal and professional development opportunities through San Diego Gives University.
- Utilizing a user-friendly giving and donor acknowledgement platform, freeing up valuable time.
#SanDiegoGives #ThisisSD #GiveLocal #givelocalmovement